PRESENTATION

Monday, February 22, 2010

sharing day... numero dos.

160 MILLION CHILDREN UNDER 5 ARE MALNOURISHED

270 MILLION CHILDREN ARE WITHOUT HEALTH CARE

6 OUT OF 11 MILLION CHILD DEATHS ARE ATTRIBUTED TO PREVENTABLE CAUSES


These numbers are what stood out to me while watching the video in Alyssa Charman’s blog presentation. This is because I came to realize that child labor is a huge problem that America is not a part of. I am grateful and proud that my country does not go to solve the problem of our economy by enforcing child labor. But, although my country isn’t a part of it, there are still millions around the world who are.



“Have I ever been sick and not able to see a doctor? No.” That’s what a teenage girl later on in the same video. I can relate to that; I have always had the option of going to a pediatrician when I need to. I agree that this is a problem that can't be ignored until solved. A way to start helping is if every time anyone visits the doctor, one dollar should be donated to a charity that gives their money to stop child labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment